Did you know April is designated as National Car Care Month?
Spring is a great time to give a little extra TLC to your vehicle and make sure you are on board with all the regular upkeep and maintenance required.
If you are in the market for a new or used vehicle, we understand that you are not able to visit a physical dealership now. But you can definitely get started on the homework and background research involved in a car purchase, since you have some extra time on your hands.
Every year, the April issue of Consumer Reports provides the latest ratings and reviews of cars along with rigorous reporting on issues that impact consumers.
Your Library provides access to issues of Consumer Reports via the Ebsco MasterFile Elite database available on its website at www.livingstonlibrary.org.
Go to Digital Resources–Newspapers and Magazines–scroll down to Master File Elite– search for Consumer Reports under publications (on the top bar) and yearly issues come up to the right.
The content of the entire April 2020 car issue is available with articles on top picks, auto safety, new and used car ratings/profiles, car insurance, and others, all accessible with a click.
Our digital magazine collection RB Digital, offers access to automotive magazines like Road & Track, and Car & Driver.
You can supplement this research with the following websites:
- Car and Driver: https://www.caranddriver.com/
- Cars.com: https://www.cars.com/
- Edmunds: https://www.edmunds.com/
- Fuel Economy Ratings: https://www.fueleconomy.gov/
- Greener Cars: https://greenercars.org/
- Kelley Blue Book: https://www.kbb.com/
- Leasing Guide: https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/
- NADA Vehicle Values: https://www.nadaguides.com/
Safety and recall
- The Center for Auto Safety: https://www.
- Safer car: https://www.safercar.gov/
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: https://www.nhtsa.gov/
- Tire Safety: https://icsw.nhtsa.gov/cars/problems/Equipment/Tires/
-Archana, Adult Services & Acquisitions Librarian