The Livingston Public Library is excited to announce that contactless pickup of library materials begins this week!
What is contactless pickup?
The Livingston Public Library will be offering contactless pickup of Livingston Library materials beginning Monday, 6/22! Requested items will be held in bags and placed on a table outside of the doors to the main entrance of the building.
Contactless pickup eligibility/availability:
Contactless pickup is available to Livingston residents with a library card in good standing and limited to items that are currently in stock at the Livingston Public Library. Library of Things items, museum passes, and Inter-Library loans (ILLs) are currently unavailable to borrow.
When is Contactless pickup available?
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 10 AM – 4 PM
Wednesday: 2 PM – 8 PM
Saturday: 10 AM – 2 PM
How do I place a hold?
Requests may be placed in three ways:
How do I know when to pick up my items?
- You will be notified via email, text, or phone when your holds are ready for pick-up.
- You will have a three day window in which to pick up your holds.
- Your items are already checked out to you, so no further action needs to be taken.
What should I do when I arrive?
- Safety first! You MUST wear a proper mask in accordance with CDC guidelines: “Acceptable forms of mask must cover both nose and mouth at all times. Masks that are unacceptable, include, but are not limited to the following: masks that are frightful or hateful, full-face, vulgar, or offensive in nature. Masks or face coverings may be cloth or homemade so long as they comply with the guidance outlined or future executive guidance”.
YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PICK UP MATERIALS WITHOUT A PROPER FACE MASK!
- Call (973) 992-4600 to let staff know you are here.
- Stand at line marked on the ground. Be sure to stay 6 feet apart.
- Staff open the door and will put your materials on the table. Once the door has been closed again, step up to the table to collect your items.
- Take them and enjoy!
Patrons will not be allowed in the building under any circumstances.
Have items to return?
The standalone book drop is open, and items may be returned any time. Returns will continue to be accepted only through the main book drop once contactless services begin. Bookdrops attached to the building will continue to remain closed.
For the safety of our employees, all returns will be quarantined for 72 hours prior to check-in, per CDC guidelines. The Livingston Public Library is fine free, so please do not worry! Because of our new quarantine process, we ask that you only contact us for help if an item remains on your account more than three days after you returned it.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT DONATIONS IN THE BOOK DROP!
AT THIS TIME, THE LIBRARY CANNOT ACCEPT DONATIONS. THE LIBRARY WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN IT IS POSSIBLE TO ACCEPT DONATIONS.
Anything else I need to know?
Please be patient with us. This is an entirely new service model for us all. We are doing our best to get materials to you and protect your safety and the safety of our library team.
We are unable to answer reference questions at the door. All questions about materials, programs, or library services can be answered by phone, email, or facebook messenger.
Please note, we are still unable to accept book or movie donations at this time.