As the summer days speed by, it’s nice to spend some time lazing with a glass of cool lemonade and a good book, but we’ve got to get out of the hammock eventually!
Warm weather is the perfect opportunity to take up some much needed home improvement or repair projects around the house.
With more time spent at home these days, you are afforded more of a chance to repair damage, undertake a long planned for renovation, protect and fortify your home or just keep its face to the world looking bright.
Following are some library resources including magazines, books and ebooks that can help you along in your home improvement tasks.
Here is a link to an article from the August issue of Consumer Reports, that presents several suggestions for affordable home repairs.
Family Handyman magazine available on RBDigital is a great resource where you will find see-and-solve expert repair techniques, a variety of projects for every room and step-by-step, do-it-yourself photos.
- Books and Ebooks
- Beginner’s Guide to DIY & Home Repair: Essential DIY Techniques for the First Timer
- Black & Decker The Book Of Home How-To Complete Photo Guide To Home Repair, 2019
- Codes for Homeowners: Electrical, Plumbing, Construction, Mechanical Current with 2018-2021 Codes
- Complete Do-It-Yourself Manual by the Editors at the Family Handyman
- Home Fix-it 101: The Anyone-Can-Do-It-Guide to Home Repair
- The Homeowner’s DIY Guide to Electrical Wiring
- Household Hacks: 150+ Do It Yourself Home Improvement & DIY Household Tips That Save Time & Money
- How to Fix Anything: Essential Home Repairs Anyone Can Do
- 100 Things Every Homeowner Must Know: How to Save Money, Solve Problems, and Improve Your Home
- The Reader’s Digest Do-It-Yourself Guide to Preventing Costly Home Repairs
- Simple Home Repairs: Storey’s Country Wisdom Bulletin A-28
- Spend-A-Little Save-A-lot Home Improvements: Money-Saving Projects Anyone Can Do
- Ultimate Guide: Home Repair and Improvement
- Young House Love : 243 Ways to Paint, Craft, Update & Show Your Home Some Love
-Archana, Adult Services & Acquistions Librairan