If you are an avid sports fan, you may be feeling very deprived currently in the absence of any live sporting events. Did you know that there are excellent sports related books that can help fill the void where you are sure to discover more about the history of your favorite sport, great players, and memorable games? And sports books can impart important life lessons too!
Listed below are some nonfiction ebooks, available via OverDrive on eBCCLS, on baseball and basketball (2 sports that should have been in season right now) but you can find nonfiction and also fiction centered around any other sports, be it soccer, football, hockey and more.
Hoopla also carries tons of sports themed ebooks and audiobooks.
- The Back Roads to March: The Unsung, Unheralded, and Unknown Heroes of a College Basketball Season by John Feinstein
- Baseball: A History of America’s Favorite Gameby George Vecsey
- The Book of Basketball: The NBA According to The Sports Guy by Bill Simmons & Malcolm Gladwell
- The Breaks of the Gameby David Halberstam
- Five Seasons: A Baseball Companion by Roger Angell
- K: A History of Baseball in Ten Pitches by Tyler Kepner
- Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Gameby Michael Lewis
- My Losing Season: A Memoirby Pat Conroy
- The Natural by Bernard Malamud
- Strong Inside: The True Story of How Perry Wallace Broke College Basketball’s Color Lineby Andrew Maraniss
- Sum It Up: A Thousand and Ninety-Eight Victories, a Couple of Irrelevant Losses, and a Life in Perspective by Pat Head Summitt
- The Yankee Years by Joe Torre & Tom Verducci
-Archana, Adult Services & Acquisitions Librarian