It’s hard to believe September is already here! September is the beginning of fall, football, and healthy aging!
Healthy Aging Month is an annual health observance created to focus on the positive aspects of growing older. Americans are living longer now than in previous decades, with many people reaching their 70s, 80s, and beyond. According to a report on aging and health in America published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the number of Americans aged 65 or older in 2050 will be more than double what it was in 2010. This emphasizes the importance of taking care of ourselves (our bodies and minds) as we enter these golden years to make sure we can enjoy a long and healthy life.
Here are a few recent additions you can check out to gain tips and strategies to extend the healthy years of your life and postpone the pitfalls of old age:.
- Aging Backwards: Fast Track: 6 Ways in 30 Days to Look and Feel Younger by Miranda Esmond-White 613.7 ESMONDE-WH
- Aging Joyfully: A woman’s Guide to Optimal Health, Relationships, and Fulfillment for her 50s and Beyond by Carla Marie Manley 305.263 MANLY
- Ageless Brain: Think Faster, Remember More, and Stay Sharper by Lowering Your Brain Age 612.82 AGELESS BR
- Elderhood: Redefining Aging, Transforming Medicine, Reimagining Life by Louise Aronson 362.60973 ARONSON
- The Longevity Paradox: How to Die Young at a Ripe Old Age by Steven R Gundry 613.2 GUNDRY
- The Longevity Solution: Rediscovering Centuries-old Secrets to a Healthy, Long Life by James DiNicolantonio 612.68 DINICOLANT
- The Most Effective Ways to Live Longer: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth About What You Should Do to Prevent Disease, Feel Great, and Have Optimum Health and Longevity By Jonny Bowden 613.2 BOWDEN
- Natural and Home Remedies for Aging Well: 196 Alternative Health and Wellness Secrets that will Change Your Life 613.0438 NATURAL AN
- The Ultimate Age-defying Plan: The Plant-based Way to Stay Mentally Sharp and Physically Fit by Mark Reinfeld 641.5636 REINFELD
- The Whole-body Microbiome: How to Harness Microbes– Inside and Out– For Lifelong Health by B. Brett Finlay 616.9041 FINLAY
-Archana Chiplunkar, Adult Services Librarian