It is a frightening time. Do you find yourself checking the news headlines constantly, feeling anxious, and wondering how bad things might get?
If so, you are not alone. Just as vitamins may help build up your immunity, these reads may very well work as “vitamins for your mind”– to help reduce anxiety, bring a little more positivity, and help you focus on things you can control. All are available as ebooks on Overdrive through eBCCLS.
- The Anxiety Solution: A Quieter Mind, a Calmer You by Chloe Brotheridge
- Brave Enough by Cheryl Strayed
- Positive Thoughts for Troubling Times : A Renew-Your-Spirit Guide by Allen Klein & Heidi Hanna
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl & Harold S. Kushner
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chodron
- Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World by Max Lucado
- 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works—A True Story by Dan Harris
- You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
- The Choice: Embrace the Possible by Edith Eva Eger
- Joyful: The Surprising Power of Ordinary Things to Create Extraordinary Happiness by Ingrid Fetell Lee
– Archana, Adult Services & Acquisitions Librarian