Each year since 1985, Americans have celebrated National Park and Recreation Month during the month of July to recognize the importance of parks and recreation in establishing and maintaining the quality of life for, and contributing to the physical, economic and environmental well-being of communities
If you are considering visiting a national or state park summer, the Library has travel guides in to help you plan your trip.
We have general guides such as:
- Lonely Planet USA’s National Parks
- 100 Parks, 5,000 Ideas: Where to Go, When to Go, What to See, What to Do by Joe Yogerst
- The Complete Guide to National Park Lodges by David L. Scott and Kay W. Scott
We also have new editions of guides to specific parks such as:
- Explorer’s Guide to Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks by Jeff Welsch and Sherry L. Moore
- Fodor’s Complete Guide to National Parks of the West
- Lonely Planet. Zion & Bryce Canyon National Parks
- Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks by Moon Travel
Hoopla digital collections offers several national park ebooks for downloading onto a digital device. You can check out Hoopla’s collection here.
Also, check out the National Park & Recreation Association’s website for more information and activities!
-Archana Chiplunkar, Adult Services Librarian