Here is a select list of a dozen popular nonfiction books you may have been meaning to read, but didn’t get around to. Now, with a little more time to spare, you have a strong chance of checking them out. They’re all currently available (some have holds) in e-book or audiobook format on OverDrive.
- Becoming by Michelle Obama – An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States.
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startupby John Carreyrou– A well-researched and compelling inside story of the breathtaking rise and shocking collapse of Theranos, the one-time multibillion-dollar biotech startup founded by Elizabeth Holmes.
- Educated by Tara Westover – An unforgettable memoir about a young girl who, kept out of school, leaves her survivalist family and goes on to earn a PhD from Cambridge University.
- The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History by Elizabeth Kolbert– A major book about the future of the world, blending intellectual and natural history and field reporting into a powerful account of the mass extinction unfolding before our eyes.
- Maybe you should talk to someone: a therapist, her therapist, and our lives revealed by Loro Gottlieb – From a New York Times best-selling author, psychotherapist, and national advice columnist, a hilarious, thought-provoking, and surprising book that takes us behind the scenes of a therapist’s world—where her patients are looking for answers (and so is she).
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J. D. Vance– From a former marine and Yale Law School graduate, a powerful account of growing up in a poor Rust Belt town that offers a broader, probing look at the struggles of America’s white working class.
- The Library Book by Susan Orlean – A dazzling love letter to a beloved institution—and an investigation into one of its greatest mysteries-the disastrous fire of 1986 at the Los Angeles Public Library.
- Fear: Trump in the White House by Bob Woodward – Reveals in unprecedented detail the harrowing life inside President Donald Trump’s White House and precisely how he makes decisions on major foreign and domestic policies.
- Calypso by David Sedaris – With his most deeply personal and darkly hilarious book. Sedaris sets his formidable powers of observation toward middle age and mortality.
- In Pieces by Sally Field – An intimate and haunting literary memoir by an American icon tells her own story– about a challenging and lonely childhood, the craft that helped her find her voice, and a powerful emotional legacy that shaped her journey as a daughter and a mother.
- Dinner for Everyone: 100 Iconic Dishes Made 3 Ways—Easy, Vegan, or Perfect for Company: A Cookbook by Mark Bittman – Contains 100 essential main dishes, each with easy, vegan, and all-out recipes as the mood or occasion requires.
- Small Fry: A Memoir by Lisa Brennan-Jobs – A frank, smart and captivating memoir by the daughter of Apple founder Steve Jobs.
-Archana, Adult Services & Acquisitions Librarian
Livingston, NJ 07039, USA