Did you ever think you would be able to borrow a sewing machine or a fully functioning robotics kit with your library card? Well, at the Livingston Library you can, along with ukuleles, engineering kits, fiber arts, paper crafts, puzzles and more with our Ready, Set, Create! Toolkits for Emerging Artists and Inventors!
Each toolkit contains all the materials and instructions you need, just add your imagination. Our available Toolkits include:
- Ukulele: Learn to play the ukulele with instructions on how to tune and play it.
- Sewing: A sewing machine, fabric and step-by-step instructions to get you started.
- Code & Go Mouse Kits: A fun way for children to develop foundational coding skills. Create a maze, then program the mouse bot through it to reach the cheese!
- LEGO Robotics: Build and program a robot with LEGO WeDo and Scratch.
- Snap Circuits: This toolkit makes learning electronics easy and fun. Follow the colorful pictures in the instruction book to build projects such as FM radios, digital voice recorders, AM radios, burglar alarms, doorbells, and more.
- Makey Makey: Turns everyday objects into touchpads, limited only by your imagination!
Strawbees: use engineering skills to build projects with ordinary drinking straws.
- Paper Marbling: everything you need to create beautiful swirled designs on paper.
- Quilling: Art form in which strips of paper are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. Quilling can be used to decorate cards, pictures, gift bags or boxes — the list goes on.
- Puzzles: Alphabet puzzles, dinosaur, number and animal puzzles and continent puzzles for those looking for a little more of a challenge.
The cold, winter months are the perfect time to experiment and learn something new. Stop by the Youth Department and take home a toolkit today!