Did you know that January is National Slow Cooking Month and also National Soup Month?
You may have discovered the convenience of slow-cooking (cooking using low heat for a long time) in a slow-cooker— you can turn it on before going to work and return home to a fully-cooked, piping hot dinner!
And there is nothing like a hearty bowl of hot soup to help you get some relief from that pesky cold or just to warm you up on a bitterly chill dayl. And of course you can make a soup using your slow cooker too!
Here are some books available with your Library card that offer you recipes and tips for slow cooking and soup making in easy, efficient and healthy ways.
- American Heart Association Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook
- Baking With Your Slow Cooker : 150 Slow Cooker Recipes For Breads, Pizza, Cakes, Tarts, Crisps, Bars, Pies, Cupcakes, And More! by Phyllis Good
- Bowls & broths : build a bowl of flavour from scratch, with dumplings, noodles and more by Pippa Middlehurst
- The Clean Eating Slow Cooker : A Healthy Cookbook Of Wholesome Meals That Prep Fast And Cook Slow by Linda Larsen
- The Complete Slow Cooker : From Appetizers To Desserts-400 Must-Have Recipes That Cook While You Play (Or Work) by America’s Test Kitchen
- The Easy Indian Slow Cooker Cookbook : Prep-And-Go Restaurant Favorites To Make At Home by Hari Ghotra
- Easy Soups From Scratch With Breads To Match : 70 Recipes To Pair And Share by Ivy Manning
- Fix-it And Forget-It Plant-Based Comfort Food Cookbook : 127 Instant Pot & Slow Cooker Meals by Hope Cornerford
- Fix-It And Forget-It Family Vacation Cookbook : Slow Cooker Meals For Your RV, Boat, Cabin, Or Beach House by Hope Cornerford
- Japanese soups : 66 nourishing broths, stews and hotpots by Keiko Iwasaki
- Low & Slow Cooking : 60 Hands-off Recipes That Are Worth the Wait by Robyn Almodovar
- Martha Stewart’s Slow Cooker : 110 Recipes For Flavorful, Foolproof Dishes (Including Desserts!), Plus Test-Kitchen Tips And Strategies
- Nourish Soups : Hearty Soups With A Healthy Twist by Rebecca Woods
- Soups : Over 100 Internationally Inspired Soups And Stews by Derek Bissonnette
- Southern Soups And Stews : More Than 75 Recipes From Gumbo And Burgoo To Etouffée And Fricassee by Nancie McDermott
- Stock The Crock : 100 Slow-Cooker Recipes, 200 Variations For Every Appetite by Phyllis Good
- The Whole30 Slow Cooker : 150 Totally Compliant Prep-And-Go Recipes For Your Whole30 With Instant Pot Recipes by Melissa Hartwig
-Archana, Adult Services and Acquisitions Librarian