A giant shark was found off the coast of Point Pleasant Beach, NJ yesterday afternoon. Seriously. It was GIANT. So, we’re taking this moment to offer you some sharky good reads. You can learn more about this real life Jaws, here.
Twelve Days of Terror: A Definitive Investigation of the 1916 NJ Shark Attacks by Richard Fernicola: Will 2019 be the next 1916? We sure hope not!
The $12million Stuffed Shark by Donald Thompson: Who knew sharks were so pricey?
The Book of the Shark by Keith Bannister: You’re go-to guide for all things shark.
And before you head off down the shore this summer, consider watching Jaws once again.
-Jessica Bielen, Adult Services Librarian
Summer is here, and here is a selection of recipe and food related books to inspire your summer cooking! Whether it is barbecue, making salads, cold desserts and drinks to chill with, or cooking with fresh vegetables and produce available in plenty this time of year, we are sure you will find some ideas for the season in these titles:
- The All New Fresh Food Fast: 200+ Incredibly Flavorful 5 Ingredient, 15 Minute Recipes 641.555 ALL-NEW FR
- Batch Cocktails: Make Ahead Pitcher Drink for Every Occasion by Maggie Hoffman 641.874 HOFFMAN
- Bosh! : Simple Recipes, Amazing Food, All Plants by Henry Firth 641.5636 FIRTH
- Dry: Delicious Handcrafted Cocktails and Other Clever Concoctions: Seasonal, Refreshing, Alcohol Free by Claire Liardet 641.874 LIARDET
- Endless Summer Cookbook by Katie Lee 641.597 LEE
- 500 Ice Creams, Sorbets, & Gelatos: The Only Ice Cream Compendium You’ll Ever Need by Alex Barker 641.862 BAR
- The Food Lover’s Garden: Growing, Cooking, and Eating Well by Jenni Blackmore 635 BLA
- Fresh Fish: A Fearless Guide to Grilling, Shucking, Searing, Poaching, and Roasting Seafood by Jennifer Trainer Thompson 641.692 THO
- The Gardener & the Grill: The Bounty of the Garden Meets the Sizzle of the Grill by Karen Adler 641.5784 ALD
- Good Housekeeping Super Salads: 70 Fresh and Simple Recipes 641.83 GOOD HOUSE
- Great Vegan BBQ Without a Grill: Amazing Plant-based Ribs, Burgers, Steaks, Kabobs, and More Smokey Favorites by Linda Meyer 641.5636 MEYER
- Jam Session: A Fruit Preserving Handbook by Joyce Esersky Goldstein 641.564 GOLDSTEIN
- The Jersey Shore Cookbook: Fresh Summer Flavors from the Boardwalk and Beyond by Deborah Smith 641.5974 SMI
- Martha Stewart’s Grilling: 125+ Recipes for Gatherings Large and Small by Martha Stewart 641.5784 STEWART
- Salad Days: Boost Your Health and Happiness with 75 Simple, Satisfying Recipes for Greens, Grains, Proteins, and More by Amy Pennington 641.83 PEN
- The Summer Table: Recipes and Menus for Casual Outdoor Entertaining by Lisa Lemke 641.564 LEM
- Sweet Nature: A Cook’s Guide to Using Honey and Maple Syrup by Beth Dooley 641.68 DOOLEY
- Sweeter Off the Vine: Fruit Desserts for Every Season by Vossy Arefi 641.64 ARE
- Vegetables Illustrated: An Inspiring Guide With 700+ Kitchen Tested Recipes by America’s Test Kitchen 641.65 AMERICA’S
If you want to shop for locally grown fresh produce, and locate a community farmers market along with recipes, and other information on NJ farm produce, go here: https://findjerseyfresh.com/
-Archana Chiplunkar, Adult Services Librarian