Did you know that World Wildlife Day is celebrated on March 3rd?
In 2013, the United Nations General Assembly voted to make it an annual event “to
celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild fauna and flora.” This year, we have put together a display based around the 2019 theme: “Life below water: for people and planet”. Read more at http://www.wildlifeday.org/ and check out our librarian curated selections below!
- Spying on Whales : The Past, Present, and Future of Earth’s Most Awesome Creatures
- Blue Planet II : A New World of Hidden Depths
- Ocean Life
- Demon Fish : Travels Through the Hidden World of Sharks
- The Ocean of Life
- The Attacking Ocean : The Past, Present, and Future of Rising Sea Levels
- Tides : The Science and Spirit of the Ocean
- Soundings : The Story of the Remarkable Woman Who Mapped the Ocean Floor
– Katie Neylan, Head of Adult Services